Friday, September 24, 2010

Picture Window

My first project will be to create two picture windows for the school drama. I'm not sure what the exact dimensions are yet, but it's going to be pretty big so I'm going to create it in parts. It's supposed to be the view from hotel windows in New York and Paris. I kind've want the New York window to look like this. But, you know, from 1920. I also have to make sure people know it's New York, but that's kind've difficult because the Empire State Building, one of the two icons of NY (I'm not using the Statue of Liberty) wasn't built yet. So yeah. I haven't researched Paris as much, but I don't think I will be using skyscrapers as central Paris does not have many buildings over eight stories high. I'm also going to experiment with the material I print it on, backlighting it, etc. So it should be totally super fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment